Tuesday 7 February 2017

FUEL RIGHT



FUEL RIGHT


The biggest lesson I have learned, while on the road to recovery with injuries, is to eat correctly. Not only to eat healthier so the body repairs itself after fitness sessions but also to eat well before sessions so you are fuelling your body to handle the tough challenges at physiotherapy and the gym. Fuel your body right, train hard and your body will heal and, as a result, you will get stronger. 


Training at physiotherapy or at the gym is meant to be hard, it is meant to be tough and it is meant to be tiring. You will push yourself beyond your own limits. You will find yourself stronger physically and mentally than before and over time you will triumph over injury! 

Along the way, there will be bumps on the road to greatness. You will leave your training session feeling great, stronger than ever and super motivated. 

Yet on the same hand, your body will need fuel to recharge for the next session.

To maximise your time and focus with your training sessions - preparing your meals and snacks beforehand can help to refuel and aid your recovery quicker.

Once I am finished my physiotherapy session for the day I am usually feeling tired and very hungry. The last thing I want to do is cook a meal or even prepare a snack. 


Preparing my meals and snacks for the week ahead ensures I fuel my body correctly with the right nutrients, helps to repair my body and set me up for the following day to either recovery correctly or be recharged for the next day of physiotherapy treatment. 


Here are few ways to Food Prep your weekly meals and snacks: 


1. Choose your ingredients for your Food Prep. I like:

SCOTTISH RAPESEED OIL: rich source of vitamin E; less saturated fat 
VEGETABLES: broad beans, soya beans, pea mix, carrots, broccoli; cauliflower 

SNACK RIGHT: Red peppers; raw carrots
Once I know, the basic ingredients I wish to add to my meals, I like to add more flavours and colours to my menu. For instance, add some chickpeas as a good source of protein or add some couscous or brown pasta to create a fuller dish along with a tasty sauce or low-fat cheese to further flavour my meals. I like to keep my dishes simple and straightforward yet bursting with various flavours and colour.

HOMEMADE FOOD PREP

MIXED PEPPERS AND COUSCOUS
I like to set out seven Tupperware boxes - one meal per day and ready to be filled with my choice of food mix. The choice of ingredients I made above include: a mixture of frozen vegetables, 1 handful of tinned chicken peas; a small handful of grated cheese and a portion of cooking sauce to finish off the meal prep.

LABEL FOOD TUBS 

I like to label all my food prep meals so that I can see in my freezer which food I want to choose. I like to freeze all my food tubs for the week and take out a selected meal the night before, that way it is fully defrosted and ready for eating for the following day.

FOOD PREP GLORY


With all meals fully prepared for the week ahead I can enjoy and focus on my physiotherapy treatment and gym sessions, refuelling as and when I need to and not worry what I need to eat.

Fuel right to triumph over injury - The Reinvention. 

Love Angela x 

E: thereinvention1@gmail.com







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The-Reinvention.com | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig