Sunday 4 June 2017

THE JOURNEY IS WORTH IT

Emerald Lake, Canada

As I sit looking out onto the rolling fields and powerful mountains of America, I can’t quite believe I am here at the beautifully serene Emerald Lake with Christopher, my fiancé.  We are both so grateful for this amazing adventure.

Christopher and I have travelled a great distance so far, we have visited the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver; the stunning, quaint life of Qualicum Beach: the laid-back beach town of Tofino and the regal city of Victoria before hopping on a ferry to the hustle and bustle of the big and bold Seattle. 

While planning our trip, I made sure I would pack for every eventuality, which includes sun -screen, emergency contact details, and a travel first aid box - all the usual things we take when going on holiday.

One thing that I did not plan on was my injury flaring up during our travels - it was last thing I really thought would ever happen. 

Not being able to walk while on holiday, exploring so many wonderful new environments and instead having to stay in the hotel room for many days until the discomfort in my leg eased was, and is, so disheartening. 

I became teary, frustrated and angry: of all of times in my life for my injury to flare up. All I wanted to do is explore and enjoy without worry or concern but sadly, all I could do was rest up.

My heart was so sad. Yet as I looked around these surroundings, I could see my amazing partner Christopher with me in such a beautiful part of the world and I began thinking that I have so much to be grateful for. I have a partner who is loving, supporting and funny (which is so helpful under times of stress) and my health is good enough to take a plane and enjoy the various sights and sounds of America and Canada. 

And then my inner flight began to rise inside: I won’t be defeated by this. I will rest up and plan for fun activities to do on holiday once the flare goes down. 

I have come to realise, either as in life or on holiday, nothing is perfect. There will always be interruptions and set backs along the way but it is not how you get the injury that is important - it’s what you do next that holds the key to the recovery. 

If you are struggling with an injury or know someone who is and you need a little support, then The Reinvention is there for you - get in contact with me via the email below.

Love Angela x




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The-Reinvention.com | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig